6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
and or equivalent.
, , MKG2420,
This unit introduces sample survey methods, statistical techniques for the analysis of survey data and also introduces qualitative research techniques. It provides students with the knowledge and skills required to understand the role research methods play in problem identification, decision making, strategy development, marketing planning and the evaluation of marketing performance.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- understand the nature and scope of marketing research, and its role in business decision making
- understand the difference between qualitative, quantitative, descriptive and causal research
- design, undertake and analyse sample surveys, report and present their results
- use various data analysis techniques
- develop competence in using a statistical package (SPSS).
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information