6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
One of, , , or FIT1002 or ( AND a second level programming unit - one of , FIT1035, FIT2029, , FIT2071, FIT2076, or equivalent)
This unit focuses on the design, development and deployment of mobile applications that will be demonstrated using the iOS platform. Applications will be developed following the Model-View-Controller architectural design pattern and areas such as mobile GUI design, data management, networking, mobile sensors and wearables will be explored. The unit will emphasis hands-on, practical experience with actual devices and emulators.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- recall the history of mobile platforms and the development of software for those platforms;
- describe the MVC design pattern and explain the importance of this design pattern in mobile applications development;
- analyse and distinguish between the design considerations for mobile application interface development and traditional interfaces;
- analyse and implement the data access and storage requirements for mobile applications;
- analyse and implement the use of graphic and audio components in the development of mobile applications;
- design, construct and publish applications for mobile platforms with particular focus on iOS.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Three hour studio
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 9 hours of personal study in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information