6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Eitheror or or or or or or or permission from Studio Coordinator
In Jewellery Practice 3 the experience of previous units is used to incrementally build upon and extend students' knowledge and experience in both making and critical thinking.
The continued research of contemporary jewellery and its various contexts, supports the student's increased understanding of the potential of the practice and the opportunity to develop innovative ideas.
The emphasis in this unit is on facilitating the development of student's ideas with increasing sophistication that demonstrates an advanced level of practice, underpinned by practical and theoretical research.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of contemporary jewellery practice as a discipline within Art Design & Architecture.
- Develop ideas and skills to realise jewellery-based and body-related objects through an open process of inquiry and experimentation. Through the experience of making students will start to articulate their own visual and conceptual language within the context of contemporary jewellery practices.
- Critically analyse the theoretical and historical rationale and context of their work and its connection to a range of contemporary practices.
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline.
100% Mixed mode
12 hours per week, including four hours of taught studio, and eight hours of personal study and studio practice.
See also Unit timetable information