6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- MBA Teaching Period 2 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
Students must be enrolled in course B6016.
The MBA Labs: Strategy project reflects the innovative, applied and research-oriented ethos of Monash University. The MBA Labs will function as a business laboratory, in which ideas are tried and tested, critiqued and improved. The spirit of discovery, enterprise and progress will be evident in the process and the outcomes; the cycle of practice and reflection will exemplify the experience.
In the first MBA applied consulting project, students integrate their knowledge of Module 1 to address the opportunities and/or challenges of host business organisations. Under the supervision of their professors, and with the support of a nominated project sponsor, student teams identify a significant strategic issue for their host organisation, and combine their strategy, marketing and accounting knowledge to tackle the issue. The output is a presentation and report for the sponsor.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate the ability to analyse and synthesise a complex business situation and develop appropriate analyses and recommendations
- demonstrate the ability to manage a consulting client relationship
- demonstrate the ability to deliver a professional presentation
- demonstrate the ability to provide and prepare a report that integrates academic learning and live business issues.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information