12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours in the discipline of Regenerative medicine
The unit aims to develop analytical abilities and communication skills, as well as provide students with advanced knowledge in specific areas of Regenerative Medicine and Biomedical Science. Students will undertake an oral presentation of a current issue in the Biomedical/Biotechnological/Regenerative Medical field and a written critique of a scientific article. Students will also undertake a component of work within their selected discipline that is unrelated to their specific research component and which involves some level of advanced theoretical training. Candidates may commence at the beginning of either first or second semester.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Critically review scientific literature in the discipline area of research;
- Apply knowledge of current methodologies and concepts to appraise scientific literature in the discipline area;
- Apply analytical and data analysis techniques relevant to the discipline area of research;
- Effectively communicate concepts in the discipline area of research both in writing and orally.
Oral presentation of current issue in Biomedicine: 30%
Review of literature on an area of research unrelated to project (2000 words): 40%
Critique of scientific article: 30%
To be advised by Honours co-ordinator
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study