6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must have passed MKG1120 orbefore undertaking this unit.
Topics include the nature and environment of business marketing, buying process in business marketing, marketing intelligence and business market targeting, networking and relationship, planning a business marketing mix strategy, ethical issues in business marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define and explain the dynamic nature of business marketing
- illustrate the organisational buying decision process and the role of buying centre in buying decisions
- develop competencies in business marketing strategy components
- demonstrate application of marketing theories and concepts in the management of business marketing functions
- critically evaluate the techniques that can be used to assess market opportunities.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information