24 points, SCA Band 2, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Graduate Diploma in the discipline of Mathematics and statistics
MTH4200 is a level four unit in the Honours Program of the Bachelor of Science course. The unit comprises six approved lecture topics which students can choose from those offered in the Honours Handbook of the School of Mathematical Sciences. These provide advanced instruction in mathematical and statistical techniques, and support for students wishing to develop a career in research.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand and apply advanced mathematical techniques;
- Identify and formulate real world and abstract problems in mathematical language;
- Use a mathematical approach to problem solving over a wide range of environments;
- Communicate mathematical results professionally;
- Utilise information technology effectively to aid in problem solving and the communication of mathematical results.
Four lecture topics (a mixture of assignments and examinations: 25% each): 100%
Approximately 8-10 hours and lectures and practice classes per week for 24 weeks (two semesters).
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Mathematics and statistics