24 points, SCA Band 2, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
Each student will undertake a research project under the supervision of an approved member of the academic or research staff of Monash University. The choice of project and supervisor will be the responsibility of the student, in consultation with an academic advisor from the Nutrition and Dietetic unit. The research project will constitute the major portion of the students' work and will be conducted over a full year. This unit will include data collection and analysis and Thesis preparation. Students will present their research results in a seminar format.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- execute and analyse a research project, or analyse a set of studies;
- proficiently use computer based data manipulation, analysis, presentation and word processing;
- write up scientific work in a report suitable for publication;
- demonstrate well developed communication skills in both oral and written presentation to specialist scientific audience; and
- demonstrate a range of technical skills related to the research process appropriate for their project.
Assessment from NUT4122 will contribute to 65% to the final mark for Bachelor of Nutrition (Honours) comprising:
- Written thesis (Not more than 20,000 words) (100%)
- Oral thesis presentation (formative)
Research project related work: 42 hours per week.
See also Unit timetable information