6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Students must take PAC4371 in their final year of study and must only be enrolled in fourth year units to ensure there are no clashes with placements.
To enhance students' knowledge and understanding of a range of topics relevant to the practice of pharmacy; to further develop skills in communication and problem solving; and to provide the opportunity for students to apply their knowledge and skills under supervision in various practice settings through the Professional Experience Placement (PEP) Program.
Students will develop practice skills in a range of settings by applying the knowledge and understanding they have gleaned from other units within the course.
Specific learning outcomes for each PEP type are listed in the relevant student PEP manual.
This unit will be assessed as satisfying faculty requirements (SFR), which comprises for each of four PEPs:
- Satisfactory completion of the PEP, including attendance at the briefing, full attendance at the placement site and attendance at the debrief;
- Assessment by preceptors, in discussion with the student, using purpose-designed standard feedback forms;
- A student evaluation of each PEP; and
- A reflective report on a specified topic for reach PEP.
Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Four 1-hour briefings prior to placement (4/5 of class, for each placement, in lecture theatre)
- Four 1-hour small group debriefing sessions following placement
- 420 hours of placements (4 x 3 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours)
See also Unit timetable information