6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
or or or
This unit focuses on the production of a major body of photomedia work, demonstrating a critical and topical engagement within a contemporary art and design context. The unit will enable students to bring their creative practice to a substantial level of competency with skills in both the technical and aesthetic aspects of photomedia, with emphasis on refining their personal visual language. As a major part of the unit is proposal-based, students will negotiate a theme of personal interest in the field of contemporary photomedia with an understanding of the implications of media choice and presentation.
On successful completion of this unit students will:
- have an advanced practical and critical understanding of Photomedia;
- understand and be able to apply Photomedia processes, techniques and images to a major body of work
- be able to produce a major body of work which demonstrates advanced technique integrally linked with ambitious ideas
- have carried out a negotiated project on a theme of personal interest which results in a folio of images, or other forms of presentation as appropriate, with supporting documentation in a journal
- have considered how their work is placed in the context of current practice
- understand the implications of media choice and presentation
- be able to articulate their practice with clarity and insight
- observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
Folio: 90% (which includes progressive assessment); Journal: 10%
12 hours per week including, 4 taught hours and 8 independent study hours.
See also Unit timetable information