12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
This unit is the culmination of the Painting undergraduate program, and provides a stimulating and supportive environment. Students continue to work autonomously within an individually approved program of study as lecturers encourage the self-motivation, self-appraisal and professional responsibility required of the practising artist. A coordinator supervises the program and gives guidance as it is required and at the request of the students. Students continue to critically appraise their work and consolidate all conceptual, aesthetic and technical issues that relate to the individual direction of their Painting work.
On successful completion of this unit, students should:
- be able to produce work of a high standard
- have a painting language suitable to their concerns
- be able to produce work which addresses their own concerns and does so with conceptual and technical prowess
- be able to work independently and with a sense of self-reliance
- be able to evaluate their own work and that of others and critically discuss their relationship
- position their work within historical and contemporary contexts and lucidly express these interpretations
- apply the principles of safe practices within the studio.
Folio of studio work: 100%, of which at least 20% will be assessed before mid-semester.
24 hours per week, including 8 hours of taught studio and 16 hours of personal study and studio practice
See also Unit timetable information