12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is the preparation for submission of the honours thesis of 10,000 words (minimum length). The dissertation is the final version of the research project undertaken by the student during the honours programme. The research project involves addressing a meaningful research question and selecting an appropriate method that draws on quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis to gather the findings that complete the research project. The honours thesis is examined by a member of the academic staff (not the supervisor) and a second examiner within the Department of Social Work.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate sustained collaboration with an academic supervisor.
- Demonstrate the development, implementation and documentation of a focused research project.
- Demonstrate well-developed academic writing skills.
- Prepare and submit the report of the research outcomes in a 10,000 - 12,000 word thesis.
- Disseminate research findings.
Presentation of the honours dissertation (10,000 - 12,000 words) (100%)