0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is structured to assist students in Planning and preparing for Supervised Professional Practice 2 (final Placement).
The unit consists of 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings.
Students complete Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements in this unit in order to proceed to a supervised professional practice placement.
The unit is a prerequisite for SWM5108
Upon successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Analyse and synthesise skills and knowledge which demonstrate judgement and defined responsibility in relation to Faculty and department compliance and readiness for placement
- Analyse, reflect and build on learning achieved in supervised professional practice 1 through participation in tutorials/briefings
- Interpret and transmit knowledge of roles and responsibilities of those involved in supervised professional practice placement - the university, the student, and the host organisation by participating in tutorial/briefing activities
- Integrate theory for social work practice by refining, expanding, and consolidating learning achieved during first placement in preparation for final placement, and through participation in tutorial/briefing activities
- Interpret, analyse and synthesise the importance of supervision when undertaking supervised professional practice placement through participation in tutorial/briefing activities
- Apply knowledge and skills which demonstrate autonomy, judgement, adaptability and responsibility in preparing effectively for supervised professional practice placement, by completing preparation for placement mandatory requirements such as Faculty and Departmental compliance documentation, and by participating in tutorials/briefings.
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 1 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 2 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 3 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 4 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 5 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 6 (hurdle)
Each hurdle builds on the previous hurdle
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising a mix of in class and online activities (up to 14 hours)
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising online activities (up to 14 hours)