This program provides doctoral (PhD) students with the opportunity to focus on developing knowledge and expertise in their chosen discipline, as well as developing professional skills that will support their career ambitions.
Each student is also supported through a development program aimed at building the knowledge, skills and abilities that will help them to become more effective researchers, and develop general professional skills of value to prospective employers in academia, industry, government and the broader community.
This program is offered by the Arts Research Graduate School, and is also applicable to students studying externally.
All PhD students will be required to undertake compulsory training in the following areas:
- Monash Graduate Research Induction (online)
- Research Integrity (online)
- faculty induction, including occupational health and safety (where required).
All PhD students must complete the following coursework units, prior to confirmation of their enroment:
- APR6035 Advanced research methodologies in media, film and journalism
- APR6100Not offered in 2019 Media, film and journalism: The state of the fields
Students may also be directed or encouraged to attend and make presentations at various forums throughout their enrolment.