0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Research Methods introduces the candidates to methodology in the critical context of contemporary art practice. The unit is undertaken at the initial stages of the research degree and encourages candidates to conceptualise their research project across theory and practice within a field of inquiry.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Have developed a critical awareness to research in their discipline;
- Have developed an understanding of methodologies in contemporary art research;
- Have developed a critical approach to the analysis of bibliographic sources;
- Have developed an understanding of research ethics and research integrity;
- Appreciate the difference between professional practice in their discipline and research in their discipline;
- Have prepared for MFA confirmation.
100% in-semester assessment
10 hours per week including 2 contact hours plus 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information