6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree.
The aim of this unit is to provide chamber music students in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music the opportunity to be mentored by experienced and world-class chamber-music performers. The unit will consist of master-classes and workshops by tenured and visiting musicians. Students can expect to learn advanced rehearsal strategies and techniques in context of chamber music and they will participate in high-profile commercial public performance opportunities.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- collaborate with others to plan, rehearse and perform selected chamber music;
- identify and analyse the group psychology of music performance in a chamber music setting;
- apply music leadership skills appropriate for the chamber music available for their instrument or voice;
- perform in a commercial chamber music performance.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information