6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Summer semester A 2019 (Flexible)
- Summer semester B 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Trimester 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 3 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 4 2019 (Flexible)
- Winter semester 2019 (Flexible)
Twelve credit points of second-year Arts or Psychology units with a credit average
- The unit may be counted towards any major as an elective where approved by the faculty.
- This is an internship unit that requires an application to be enrolled. For further details visit the internshipinternship (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/internships/) website.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Winter Arts ProgramWinter Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/winter-program.html).
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered in non-standard teaching periodsnon-standard teaching periods (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/dates/census).
- This is an Arts enrichment unitArts enrichment unit (https://www.monash.edu/pubs/2019handbooks/aos/arts-enrichment-units/index.html).
Students undertake a professional placement with a host partner organization to undertake a supervised professional project determined by the host organisation. The host partner organisations are from a diverse range of industries and sectors, including government departments, private industry and not-for-profit organisations. Students will complete academic work in addition to the tasks undertaken during the placement. The host partner organisation provides field supervision and the faculty provides academic supervision.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate critical thinking and professional judgement by developing a report plan for the academic component of the unit;
- demonstrate critical reflective practice skills as a result of completing an internship;
- demonstrate developing communication skills by reporting on an aspect of the work undertaken for during the placement.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
All Arts Majors - please consult with major coordinators