6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Winter semester 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
The first objective of this unit is for students to understand how data analysis techniques can produce insights to address a business problem. The second objective is for students to explore the journal and case literature on this topic in the setting of the sports industry. An applied approach will be taken involving some field visits. The unit will be delivered at a time to enable Monash Business School students drawn from multiple programs to interact with exchange and study abroad students from partner universities.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop an understanding of how to interpret data analysis and draw relevant insights in a business context
- enhance report writing skills by developing an understanding of the process of preparing a business report based on insight gained from data analysis
- enhance communication, interpersonal, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- develop capabilities to be future generators of sustainable economic, social and environmental value for business.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information