18 points, SCA Band 3, 0.375 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be granted permission by the Course Director to undertake this unit.
Students must be enrolled in course B6013.
Students will conduct an original research project on a significant issue (or issues) in business law. Students will develop a research topic, undertake independent research and write a thesis. The research project is likely to have substantial practical outcomes or implications for the way business operates. An academic staff member will supervise the thesis.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- acquire high-level analytical legal skills and apply them to a research project on a business law topic of their choice
- acquire in depth knowledge and a critical interest in a selected business law area
- attain and demonstrate advanced legal research and communication skills and the ability to critically analyse legal issues
- develop and further build upon general academic skills.
Research dissertation (16,000 - 18,000 words) or
Research dissertation (12,000 - 14,000 words) and a pre-submission panel presentation: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information