12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 to First semester 2020 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Graduate Diploma in the discipline of atmospheric science, environmental science, geographical science or geosciences
ESC4100, GPS4100, ATM4100, ATS4778, ATS4779
The unit represents the Honours research program for the School of Earth, Atmosphere, and Environment and will consist of a research project combined with coursework taken in. The research projects will span the discipline of Environmental, Atmospheric Sciences as well as Geology and Geophysics.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Synthesise and summarise current knowledge from the literature.
- Raise and develop a scientific question after conducting literature reviews.
- Propose a method to test hypotheses relevant to the science question.
- Carry out a research project with a high degree of independence.
- Collect data relevant to the science question.
- Provide an objective analysis of the data.
- a sound interpretation of their data and discuss their interpretation in a scientific manner.
- their findings in a written form.
- At least 2 days a week attendance at Monash
- Regular communication and meetings with supervisors
See also Unit timetable information