6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit explores the design principles and content creation process for Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications. Students will be given the opportunity to apply the interactive and cognitive functions of VR and AR systems, design and develop assets, and use VR and AR tools and platforms to deploy content.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the use of software to create VR environments and AR objects
- describe the principles of designing and deploying specific VR environments and AR applications
- analyse the range of options and controls available through VR and AR software applications
- explain VR and AR User Interactions, Hardware, Capabilities & Sensors
- develop applications of VR environments and AR technologies
- create VR environments and AR applications.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- One hour lecture/seminar
- Three hours tutorial + laboratory (3hr block)
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours independent study per week for completing lab and project work, private study and revision.
See also Unit timetable information