18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Studio at Honours level is research-oriented and non-prescriptive in the terms of its content. Students produce a proposal at the beginning of the semester but are free to carry out their work with any number of deviations from their original plans. The intentions of students and the results of their work are debated in group discussions and critical sessions.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Apply a cogent language for your practice that is defined by appropriate material and conceptual frameworks;
- Extend their application and critical evaluation of appropriate and sustainable studio methodologies to support sustained independent practice;
- Critically reflect and discuss the aesthetic, social, ethical and cultural dimensions of their studio practice;
- Position their outcomes critically within their studio and expanded environment, through informed debate and discourse;
- Evaluate traditional discipline approaches and test new modes of knowledge production within the studio context.
100% in-semester assessment
36 hours per week including contact hours and individual supervision.
See also Unit timetable information