6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit runs in parallel withto reinforce the intellectual and design contexts for the studio exploration. Activities include ongoing reflection, documentation and contextualisation of students' research. Students will draw on to articulate processes, findings and implications uncovered through the studio project.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Demonstrate reflective approaches for the production of design research;
- Document and communicate the processes and findings of a design research project;
- Locate their work in relation to socio-economic, cultural, design and intellectual developments relevant to interior architecture;
- Select and apply appropriate design research concepts, strategies and methods;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information