0 points, SCA Band 3, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- MBA Teaching Period 4 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
, and .
, and .
In a highly-competitive job market, Monash MBA graduates must have a clear, strategic personal and professional development plan to challenge successfully for new career positions or promotions. Leveraging the lessons of the suite of Leadership units, and integrating the experiences and insights from the full range of MBA units and projects is a central purpose of this final Leadership unit. Building a successful and rewarding career demands the ability to reflect on the learning journey, engage with executives and potential employers with confidence, and communicate the value and impact one can bring to an organisation. A series of seminars, workshops, exercises and individual coaching meetings will provide students with the competencies to achieve their potential.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop life and career options and goals
- develop a well-informed understanding of a complex and changing career landscape
- translate acquired knowledge and competencies into professional employment skills
- demonstrate the ability to communicate the value and impact one can bring to an employer.
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 96 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study.
See also Unit timetable information