6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must have passedor equivalent and completed 96 credit points.
, , .
Business strategy enhances students' knowledge of the process of strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation within a business, and the key contextual factors and managerial decisions which influence this process. The unit develops skills in research, academic writing and application to current and future business environments. The unit amalgamates aspects from a range of management areas and prepares students to be able to develop and apply sound business strategy methods in practical settings.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify and explain the core concepts of business strategy
- explain and evaluate the influence of key contextual variables on a business' strategy
- apply and critically analyse business strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation concepts and the relationships between them to different contexts
- identify and explain future directions and trends for forming, implementing and evaluating business strategy.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information