6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course B6006, B6009, B6010, B6018, B6019 or C6006.
, , .
The project management methods, frameworks, and organising principles will be explored through theories and a project. Project management process groups, the different project life cycles, and alternative methodologies will be introduced to demonstrate how projects are managed.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Differentiate and select effective and creative communication methods.
- Critically assess project scope, tasks, stakeholders and resources to select and implement appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Formulate effective leadership and management strategies for both teams and stakeholders.
- Critique the terminology, tools, techniques, and processes in project management.
- Work together in a team and reflect on how the team can improve its performance.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study