12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in the Master of Urban Planning and Design.
Project 1 explores the implications of intensification for the creation of compact cities. Through projects that engage real spatial settings and the complexities of contemporary environments, the unit helps students develop research foundations, conceptual thinking, analytical approaches and communication skills through planning mechanisms.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Understand the basic strategic planning process and components of the strategic plan;
- Strategically respond to complex problems and develop appropriate planning responses, processes and outcomes relevant to compact cities;
- Collect, analyse, and interpret community data for strategic planning;
- Effectively communicate using oral, written, and graphic communication skills;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 6 contact hours plus 18 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information