12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
ATS4779, AZA4312, AZA4741
Under the guidance of an allocated supervisor, students will complete a research dissertation. The research dissertation will be based on the approved proposal done in the first semester.. Students will meet with their supervisor on a regular basis and will be required to submit bi-monthly reports on dissertation related writing assignments.
- Complete a research dissertation under the supervision of an academic supervisor.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain an argument within the dissertation.
- Critically assess relevant primary and secondary literature in support of the dissertation topic and argument.
- Critically assess and review relevant theories for the theoretical framework of the dissertation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of data collection, analysis and interpretation methods appropriate to the nature of the dissertation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methodological approaches and design and development requirements in a particular sub-discipline under investigation.
- Demonstrate the ability to report on research findings and present the final dissertation.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information