24 points, SCA Band 3, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course B3702, B5003 or 4414.
Students work under the guidance of a supervisor to plan, carry out, and report on an original research project that addresses a significant issues in business; this research project is likely to have substantial practical outcomes or implications; as well, it is hoped that students and supervisors will publish the work in an appropriate journal.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify a business or economics-related issue in the research literature which has either not been adequately researched previously or which requires replication
- critically review relevant academic and business research which relates to the identified issue
- develop a specific research proposal which has a potential contribution to the business, professional and public policy communities
- conduct, analyse, discuss and communicate research outcomes in written and oral form in a professional manner.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 576 hours per semester
See also Unit timetable information