6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
and or equivalent.
, , MKW3121, MKC3130, , , , , .
This unit emphasises the role of marketing decision making in contemporary organisations, with particular focus on the marketing planning role and the formulation of marketing strategies.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- describe the scope of the marketing management function and its role within organisations
- develop marketing mix strategies that are based on an analysis of an organisation's situation
- demonstrate an understanding of the implementation issues associated with recommended strategies
- develop and enhance appropriate analytic, written and oral communications skills required for the effective presentation of marketing strategies.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information