Although Monash conducts research across numerous fields of study – over 150 in all – we focus on a number of specialisations, our leading capabilities.
We've grouped these capabilities into four categories, aligned closely with the Commonwealth Government's National Research Priorities and its National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy.
They are health and wellbeing, new industries and productivity, sustainable environments, and resilient cultures and communities.
Find out more about our leading capabilities:
Health and wellbeing
- Accident, injury and trauma
- Health, wellbeing and social change
- Infection and immunity
- New therapeutics
- Public health and health systems improvement
- Developmental biology and stem cells
- Women's, children's and reproductive health