Over several decades, Monash has built a strong reputation in economic modelling - the meeting point of statistics and economics.
Our strength in the field is a reflection of our size - we boast the greatest number of economic modelling and business statistics experts in Australia - and our emphasis on economic modelling to solve national and global problems.
Our researchers work with concrete data to tackle current issues, such as alcohol taxation to reduce consumption, the economics of foster care and gauging future economic growth.
We work with a wide range of industry and government partners, helping them with everything from forecasting electricity demand to counting the economic costs of mental illness.
Working with industry
Our economic modelling experts undertake commissioned and collaborative work with a diverse range of partners, including:
- Asian Development Bank
- Australian Department of Health and Ageing
- Department of Health and Ageing, Victoria
- Department of Human Services, Victoria
- NSW Department of Health
- Lumo Energy (formerly South Australia Electricity)
- Vic Health
- World Health Organisation
- Business and investment forecasting
- Social and medical forecasting
- Health economics
- Quantitative financial modelling
- Quantitative social policy modelling