Skip to content


Credit transfer for previous study is sometimes called 'advanced standing' or 'recognition of prior learning'.

If you have passed subjects at other institutions with satisfactory grades, you may be eligible for credit. The study you have done must be:

  • equal in content and standard to those offered at Monash University, and
  • relevant to your planned course of study.

Applying for credit transfer

To apply for credit, you must complete the credit transfer form (PDF, 0.26 MB).

You must also provide certified copies of all your official transcripts or results from your previous studies, plus copies of the subject syllabuses.

Any request for credit transfer must be approved by Monash in writing before you enrol. Otherwise, you may not receive the credit you applied for.

Faculty guides to credit transfer

For advice on all other faculties, contact a Monash adviser.