Monash University is ranked amongst the world's most prestigious universities.
Graduating with a degree from a university in the world's top one per cent adds significant value to your resume. Our global reputation ensures you are recognised for your skills and talent – no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dreams.
We measure ourselves against international standards.
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities – 83rd in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014-2015)
- in the top 150 world universities, with an estimated rank of 134th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2013.
Monash is ranked:
- the best university in Australia for Chemisty, Engineering*, and Computer Science* (*ranked equal first) (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2013)
- 46th in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015)
- 44th in the world for Arts and Humanities (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015)
- 48th in the world for Engineering and Technology (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015).
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner, begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.
The Good Universities Guide provides independent ratings for Australian degrees and universities. In the 2014 guide, Monash achieved:
5 stars (maximum rating) for:
- Student-staff ratio
- Research intensivity
- Research grants
- Staff qualifications.
- Student retention.
4 stars for:
- Student demand
- Graduate satisfaction.
But it's not all about numbers. Read how our students make the most of their Monash experience.