Wireless access at Monash
Monash has three wireless networks available.
- Eduroam – for Monash staff and students and visitors from other eduroam institutions.
- Guest-wireless – for registered Monash visitors who have a temporary Monash account.
- Monash Free Wifi – open access for the general public on all Australian campuses. This network is not encrypted.
Please refer to our Information Technology Use Policy.
Monash Free WiFi
Monash Free WiFi is available to the general public on all our Australian campuses. This free wifi is not encrypted so please consider the security of your device when connecting.
- Select Monash Free WiFi on your device
- Launch an internet browser, and
- Click the I accept button.
- Don't forget to disconnect when you're done.
Guest wireless is available to registered visitors who have been issued with temporary accounts. We call these ext-accounts. If you have been given an ext-account and password, here's how to connect:
1. Obtain a username and password.
If you are a:
- conference attendee, Monash University Venues will issue you with a username and password at the start of the conference
- guest or short-term contractor, then you can obtain a username/password via the Service Desk
2. Scan for available wireless networks.
Select the network guest-wireless. You do not need an encryption key.
3. Use your web browser to go to an internet site
For example, type in http://www.theage.com.au/. You will see a login screen like this:
Note: You may need to enable pop-ups if they are disabled.
4: Enter the username and password.