Our partners and projects
We build partnerships with many organisations around the world. These partnerships include research collaborations, student and staff exchanges and joint education programs.
IITB-Monash research academy
Monash and the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay (IITB) have formed a research academy. The academy allows students to create research projects and receive a PhD degree from both the University and IIT Bombay.
The New Horizons facility is a joint venture of the University and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). It will focus on future manufacturing research and teaching.
The Australian Synchrotron opened in 2007. It is a collaboration between State and Federal governments, research organisations and Australian universities including Monash.
More on Research at Monash
Key university partnerships
Monash University cooperates with a small core of key partners across research, education and administration. This group includes:
- Arizona State University, United States
- Sichuan University, China
- University of Warwick, United Kingdom
Monash also has close connections with universities that include:
- King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- Purdue University, United States
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- University of California, San Diego, United States
- University of Florence, Italy
We work with community and non-government organisations to create volunteer programs for our students.
Exchange partner universities
With more than 100 exchange partner universities in 26 different countries, there are many ways you can spend one or two semesters overseas as part of your degree.
See the exchange webpage for more information about where you can go on exchange.
You could study a Monash course in your country with one of our international partners in Hong Kong, Singapore and the USA.