Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Implementation and Oversight Committee (VCEIO)
The Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Implementation and Oversight (VCEIO) Committee advises the Vice-Chancellor on the implementation of University strategy, monitors progress of key initiatives and provides oversight to the University's risk profile.
VCEIO is one of two principal management committees that provide advice to the Vice-Chancellor. The other is the Vice-Chancellor's Executive Committee (VCEC), which focuses on matters of University strategy, policy and budget, including the capital development and information technology plans.
Terms of reference
The Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Implementation and Oversight will:
- Make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor on the implementation of the University's strategy and monitor the University's performance against the strategic and operational plans;
- Ensure a prompt and strongly co-ordinated approach to the evaluation of academic and business opportunities, review submissions for major new initiatives against the University's strategic plan and monitor their performance and risks;
- Review the use of resources and performance across all organisational units (eg faculties, schools, departments, portfolios);
- Monitor the University's key risk profile, key risk and performance indicators and financial performance against its strategic objectives;
- Receive formal Post Implementation Review (PIR) report from the responsible executive on completion or transfer to 'business as usual' status.
In response to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on University operations, in addition to the above, and for the duration of the pandemic, the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Implementation and Oversight will oversee the University’s responses to COVID-19 to ensure that:
- The values outlined in the Impact 2030 strategic plan (Discovering, Learning, Purposeful, Collaborative, Honest, Fair) are reflected in the University’s actions.
- The activities that are undertaken (introduced, continued, modified, ceased) during this time best position the University for short and long term success.
- Engagement with key internal and external stakeholders is maintained as appropriate (including but not limited to current and prospective, including pathway students, staff, alumni, government, business partners, philanthropists and donors)
- Appropriate attention is given to identifying and mitigating new critical risks.
The VCEIO will meet once every three weeks.
Substitutes will not be permitted unless a member plans to be absent from the University for more than four weeks. However if a Dean is an apology then another Dean may replace them.
|Professor Margaret Gardner AC||Vice-Chancellor (Chair)|
|Professor Susan Elliott AM||Provost and Senior Vice-President|
|Mr Peter Marshall AM||Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice-President|
|Mr Leigh Petschel||Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice-President|
|Professor Sharon Pickering||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) and Senior Vice-President|
|Professor Doron Ben-Meir||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Enterprise and Engagement) and Senior Vice-President|
|Professor Matthew Nicholson||Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor and President (Malaysia)|
|Professor Rebekah Brown||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and Senior Vice-President|
|Professor Sarah MacDonald||Academic Director Student Experience|
|Professor Mike Ryan||Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)|
|Professor Matthew Gillespie AM||Vice-Provost (Academic Affairs)|
|Professor Chris Davies||Interim Dean, Faculty of Engineering|
|Professor Viv Ellis||Dean, Faculty of Education|
|Professor Bryan Horrigan||Dean, Faculty of Law|
|Professor Jordan Nash||Dean, Faculty of Science|
|Ms Renaye Peters||Vice-President (Campus Infrastructure and Services)|
|Mr Damien Farrell||Vice-President (Advancement)|
|Mr Bob Gerrity||University Librarian|
|Ms Jo Mithen||CEO, Monash College|
|Ms Teresa Finlayson||Chief Information Officer|
|Mr Phillip Vaughan||Chief Human Resources Officer|
|Mr Fabian Marrone||Chief Marketing Officer|
|Ms Natalia Hawkins||Deputy Chief Financial Officer|
|Mr George Ou||Executive Director, Financial Resources Management|
|Ms Emily Spencer||Chief of Staff and Executive Director, Office of the President and Vice-Chancellor|
|Dr Greg Cusack||Chief Coursework Officer and Chief of Staff, Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)|
|Mr Trent Gillam||Chief of Staff, Portfolio of the Provost and Senior Vice-President|
|Ms Kirsten Emes||Chief of Staff, Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)|
|Mr Donald Speagle||Executive Director, Group Governance and Risk|
In attendance: Secretary to VCEIO
Other senior staff to attend by invitation as appropriate.
Meeting dates for 2022
|Submission date||Meeting date|
|9 Feb||15 Feb|
|2 Mar||8 Mar|
|23 Mar||29 Mar|
|13 Apr||21 Apr|
|4 May||9 May|
|25 May||2 Jun|
|15 Jun||21 Jun|
|27 Jul||2 Aug|
|17 Aug||23 Aug|
|7 Sep||13 Sep|
|28 Sep||4 Oct|
|9 Nov||15 Nov|
|30 Nov||8 Dec|
All submissions to VCEIO should be prefaced with the one-page summary sheet (DOCX, 0.05 MB).