RECOMMENDATION NINE<br>Undertake an independent review of the contributing factors to sexual assault and harassment in our University residences.
Undertake an independent review of the contributing factors to sexual assault and harassment in our University residences.
- In June 2018, following a competitive procurement process, Worklogic were appointed by the University to conduct the independent, expert-led review. In October 2018, Worklogic completed their independent review. The results of the report commended the University, with several commendations specifically pertaining to Monash Residential Services (MRS), but also highlighted where we have more work to do. Monash has implemented all recommendations. All recommendations from the report have been implemented.
- Effective from 2018 onwards, MRS has added further questions to resident surveys regarding Respect. Now. Always. (RNA) and support services to assist in providing further understanding of how successful various initiatives have been. The following questions have been added to the survey:
- Are you aware of Monash’s RNA campaign?
- Do you know where to go within Monash if you witness sexual assault and or sexual harassment and want to make a report?
- Do you know where to go within Monash if you experience sexual assault and or sexual harassment?
- Are you aware of the support and referral services provided by Monash’s Safer Community Unit?
- To what degree are you aware of the support services within Monash for victims of sexual assault and sexual harassment?
- Are you aware of the Monash bSafe App?
- Have you downloaded the Monash bSafe App?
- Have you used the Monash bSafe App?
- To what degree was the information on the Monash bSafe App helpful?
- Further initiatives specifically pertaining to the prevention of sexual violence are noted under recommendation two.
- We’re continuously developing and evolving the measures we take to help prevent sexual assault and sexual harassment within our on-campus accommodation. This includes integrating RNA awareness raising materials, as well as various educational programs and events. All initiatives implemented in MRS are informed by best practice and external experts.