Become an Access Monash Mentor
Applications to become a mentor in 2019 are closed.
Become a mentor to students from under-represented schools and help them plan their study pathway.
Access Monash Mentoring is an exciting opportunity for Monash students who enjoy working with young people and want to make a difference. As a mentor, you will support secondary school students one-on-one and in groups, helping them to make informed decisions about their future.
Access Monash is first and foremost a volunteer program, however many of our mentors are supported to volunteer by a variety of Monash Scholarships – including the Community Leaders Scholarship.
What's in it for you
- Develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills
- Join a network of other high-achieving Monash students
- Participate in leadership and networking opportunities with senior Monash staff, alumni and community leaders
- Have a record of your participation in the program on your Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement
- Feel good about making a difference
- Be considered for the Monash Community Leaders Scholarship ($4000 per year).