What we are looking for
You should apply if you have:
- A good academic record
- An appreciation or experience of the barriers that can prevent young people from accessing university
- A commitment to volunteering and giving back to the community
- An enthusiasm for working with young people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to talk about your own educational experiences
- The ability to facilitate group work and encourage participation.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a full-time Monash University student for the entire year
- Have a 65% average in your studies (current students), or a minimum ATAR of 85.00 (commencing students)
- Have completed Year 12 in Australia
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or be an Australian permanent resident, or hold a Permanent Humanitarian visa, a Safe Haven Enterprise visa, a Temporary Protection visa or a Bridging visa A or E.
- Be able to commit to meeting up to 3 mentees at their schools on a fortnightly basis
- Be able to commit at least 2 hours of your time per week over the academic year
- Be able to travel independently to schools or Monash campuses to run activities.