Faculty Experiences and Camps
Monash faculties develop and deliver tailored experiences that give students at our partner schools a taste of study and work in a range of fields and professions.
Hands on Health
Hands on Health is an immersive work experience program held in a busy hospital setting, which introduces students to a range of health professions. Students participate in specialist rounds visiting patients on wards, and meet doctors who showcase their profession using real-life examples.
Learning and Making in Art Design and Architecture (LAMADA) Camp
Have you always been artistic, inventive and creative? Would you like to find out more about creative courses you can pursue while participating in three days of exciting workshops? Get involved in LAMADA!
Learning and Making in Art Design & Architecture (LAMADA) is a three-day experience that will give you first-hand insight into studying and working in the creative fields. You will:
- Get a head start on your Art, Studio Art, Visual Communication and Product Design and Technology skills in hands-on design lab sessions.
- Experience life as a MADA student by working on hands-on projects.
- Connect with other students who share your interests.
- Experience Monash University life first-hand.
- Explore the options available for your future as a maker and creator.
What will I learn at LAMADA?
At LAMADA you will explore the fundamental skills that are applied across the creative disciplines by participating in three days of hands-on workshops.
In each workshop you’ll explore a different medium, process and way of developing a creative outcome in art, design and architecture. You will discover new processes that you can apply to your VCE development in Visual Communication, Product Design and Technology, Art and Studio Arts.
You will also hear talks from inspiring staff in Monash University’s Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture (MADA). You will also find out about the creative careers and exciting options available to you after you finish secondary school.
The camp will give you a taste of life as an art, design & architecture student at MADA, as well as an inspiring glimpse of the exciting future that awaits.
- Model United Nations Conference
- The CSI Murder Mystery
- Introduction to Earth Systems workshop
- Creative Careers Seminar
- Physical Education workshops.