Renting tips and advice
You've found the perfect home and your application has been accepted. Before you start the process of signing agreements and moving in, our Rent-Smart website and these handy tips should help.
- Inspecting properties including Rooming Houses and if they are registered
- Moving house
- Connecting utilities
- Contents insurance
- Off-campus renting guide
- Furnishing your home
Before you sign anything, it's important you have a clear understanding about your renting rights and duties in Melbourne. We recommend you watch the Consumer Affairs video and read their Renters Guide, check the Tenant Union of Victoria's website and contact us before you make any final decisions or pay any money.
Take a look at the Green Renters Guide for some great tips on sustainable living as a renter.
Get in touch
Our housing advisors are here to help you and offer their expert advice on all renting matters. Contact us before you commit in any way or pay any money.
- Ending a tenancy – what to do if you need to end your lease
- Property Checklist – things to consider when you’re looking for a rental property or room in a Rooming House
- Repairs & Maintenance – your rights and responsibilities
- Money Matters – a range of tips and tools for managing the financial side of your life
- Financial Support – tips and support services to help you manage your money