Under 18s


Moving out of home for the first time is an exciting and rewarding experience. But it can be a little daunting too – especially if you’re under 18.

There are many other students who are under 18 here at Monash, so you won’t be alone. But most importantly, we’ll be there to help you settle in, get your bearings, and make the most of life on campus.

Applying as an under-18

If you’re under 18 you apply in the same way as everyone else, there is just one extra form to complete as part of the offer acceptance process. This is the ‘MRS Accommodation for Under 18 year old residents’ which your parent/legal custodian will need to sign to acknowledge that they agree to you living on your own at MRS.

Under 18 International Students on a Student Visa (subclass 500) who are offered and accept accommodation at Monash Residential Services must be in the care of Monash Guardianship Service.

Apply now