Other Services

Careers, Leadership & Volunteering

You will find the help you need by using Monash Career Connect.


Monash University chaplains are available for pastoral and spiritual care of students. Regular worship services are conducted throughout the year and students of all backgrounds are offered support, counselling, encouragement and spiritual direction/religious advice.

Counselling Service

The University Counselling Service in Clayton is situated on the ground floor of Building 10A, 21 Chancellors Walk, Campus Centre, University Health Services, and at Peninsula Campus in Building U, Level 1, Health Services and is open from 9am to 5pm every weekday.

This service is available to all residents of Monash Residential Services. Students will be seen after hours by appointment and messages can be left on the answering machine, extension 53020.

A 24/7 telephone counselling service is available to students of Monash University.

  • Students: 1300 788 336
  • Staff:1300 360 364

Financial Aid

Financial Advice is available at the university to assist enrolled students with a variety of financial matters ranging from Austudy, student loans, financial advice and basic taxation information. Please contact the Monash Connect office at your campus.

Health Service

For information please visit the Monash University Health Service website.

Clayton Campus, Monash University Health Service is open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays. It is situated on the ground floor of the Campus Centre (Building 10, 21 Chancellors Walk).

Peninsula Campus Monash University Health Services Building U Level 1 – Ph. 44615 or 9904 4615 for appointments. Alternatively, Frankston Hospital is located on Hastings Road, Frankston and has an Emergency Department Ph. 9784 7777.

If you are taken ill during the night or weekend and if you or the College Head consider the services of a doctor are necessary, then a private doctor will have to be consulted. In this case the doctor will charge you for his or her services.

MRS cannot pay your medical bills nor can the medical bills be put on your account. You are strongly advised to obtain your own Medicare card (Australian citizens and permanent residents). If Medicare does not adequately cover you, you are strongly advised to join one of the private health insurance funds. Relevant information is available from the pharmacy in the Campus Centre or the University Health Service. Overseas students, particularly, should make sure they have adequate medical and hospital insurance cover.

Legal Aid Service

If you have legal problems and wish to consult the Monash Oakleigh Legal Service, they operate from 60 Beddoe Avenue Clayton. Consultation is by appointment either by telephoning 9905 4336 between 9am and 5pm or calling in person at the centre. If there is some urgency, the service will act immediately.


Maps of the Halls and Monash and its environs are available from the Administration Office and on the Monash University website.

Monash University Facilities

Many of the University’s facilities are available to Monash-enrolled students including Monash College and MUELC students. Quite often these services are free or are offered to students at a discount. Facilities include the use of Monash libraries, Sports & Recreation facilities, medical and dental facilities, Student Travel, etc. In the University Campus Centre, Clayton Campus you will find the  Westpac and Commonwealth banks, bookshops, a variety of food outlets, a chemist and a health food store to name but a few. There is also a Post Office at the Campus Centre.


To help achieve one of its Mission Goals, MRS has developed a number of Scholarships to promote and engender a high academic environment at all Victorian on-campus residential sites.