Resident Advisor Recruitment
About the RA roles
Each residence has a team of Resident Advisors (RA) providing support, engagement and development to their residential community. In addition, there are Central RA positions that provide events, initiatives and programs for the entire MRS community within the areas of Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing, Sport, IT and Environment.
For detailed information on training opportunities, expectations, challenges and rewards, view the position descriptions below.
- Resident Advisor
- Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing RA (Central RA)
- IT Coordinator RA (Central RA)
- Sports Program RA (Central RA)
- Environment Coordinator RA (Central RA)
Want to become an RA?
To apply to be an RA and retain a scholarship (note: 2018 rates currently listed) at Monash Residential Services, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of a permanent resident visa or humanitarian visa, or
- Be an international student, and;
- Be a current full-time undergraduate, honours or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia (subject to special consideration from the Director, MRS), and;
- Be a current resident with MRS, and;
- Remain in residency with MRS and;
- Maintain a full-time enrolment, and;
- Not be in breach of any current MRS Conditions of Residency and;
- Maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark of 50%, and;
- Maintain the support of the Residence’s College Head as an appropriate, community leader in their Residence.
- Adhere to the MRS RA Expectations of Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines outlined in the role descriptions below
RA Application Process
The table below summarises the application process
|RA Information sessions||4 -12 August|
– Central positions
– Residence positions
13 - 22 August
17 - 26 August
|Hurdle 1 - You must complete the training requirement above before you will be eligible to progress to the interview stage|
|Interviews held||3 - 23 September|
Candidates notified about the status (nominated or unsuccessful) of their application
29 September- 1 October
|Nominated RAs will receive an email from the College Head instructing them to complete mandatory online training|
29 September-20 October
|Hurdle 2 - All nominated RAs must complete the above online mandatory training by 20 October|
All nominated RAs who have
12 - 30 November
Complete mandatory facilitated training:
|Hurdle 3 - All mandatory training must be completed by November 2018 prior to candidates being awarded a 2019 RA scholarship|
MRS RA Offer Pack sent via email. This includes a letter of request to be a volunteer Resident Advisor, which must be signed and returned to the MRS office.
Monash Scholarship Offer made electronically via WES. It is important that you follow the instruction listed under ‘responding to your offer’ by the deadline so that your role is recorded in WES and listed on your transcript.
- Return signed letter of request to MRS Office
- Accept offer from Monash Scholarships department
|Central RA Applications (Open 13 - 22 August)|
|Residential RA Applications (Open 17 - 26 August)|