Welcome to the application page for Resident Advisors at Monash Residential Services. The application form is to be used for all RA positions at all MRS Residences.
Please be advised that to be eligible to receive a scholarship as a Resident Advisor, you must maintain full time enrolment and a pass grade average in your University studies. Note: the scholarships department is in the process of updating their page to reflect the 2018 details.
To remain in their role, all Resident Advisors must:
(1) not be in breach of any MRS Condition of Residency; and
(2) adhere to the MRS RA Expectation of Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines
About the RA roles
Each residence has a team of Resident Advisors (RA) providing support, engagement and development to their residential community. In addition, there are central RA positions that provide events, initiatives and programs for the entire MRS community within the areas of Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing, Sport, IT and Environment. For more information on training opportunities, expectations, challenges and rewards, view the Resident Advisor page
"I have received some amazing training which has helped immensely as I feel more confident, both as a person and as a member of the community."Cody Fryar
Please take some time to read the attached role outlines prior to commencing the application process:
(1) MRS Resident Advisor (Residential Support) - RAs with a responsibility to assist with the support of residents in a Residential Community [with the responsibility over a cohort of residents like a floor, wing, stairway, house(s)] - role description
(2) MRS Resident Advisor (Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing) - role description
(3) MRS Resident Advisor (IT Coordinator) - role description
(4) MRS Resident Advisor (Sports Program) - role description
(5) MRS Resident Advisor (Environment Coordinator) - role description
If you wish to be considered for a 2018 Central Resident Advisor position (Diversity and Inclusion, IT, Sport or Environment) applications are open from 14 to 25 August 2017.
If you wish to be considered for a 2018 Resident Advisor position in your residence, applications are open from 21 August to 8 September 2017. DEADLINE EXTENDED till 9am 11 September 2017