Course or campus transfer
You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
- to a different Monash campus.
You can only transfer between the same course type (eg from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you are completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you will need to apply as instructed in Find a course.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their faculty or Graduate Research about transfers.
Transferring course or campus is part of a competitive selection process. This means that you will be competing with other students for a place in the course.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher.
These are set by the faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
Apply for a transfer
Application dates for semester one 2021
- Applications open
- Monday 14 September (9am Melbourne time).
Online applications will be open to current Monash students who wish to apply for a course or campus in Australia.
- Applications close
- Friday 6 November (11.59pm Melbourne time)
How to apply
Not all courses are open for transfer applications.
How to check what courses are open
- View courses open for transfer applications
- Check the additional entry requirements for course transfers:
- any restrictions to transfer considering your current course or location
- minimum WAM – you'll be able to see your current course and WAM when you apply for a transfer
- prerequisite units
- specific documentation to include with your application
- specific requirements such as auditions, interviews or entry tests
- Up to three course preferences
- The reason you're applying for a course transfer
- Whether you want a credit assessment on your completed Monash units
- Whether you want credit from external studies – be prepared with your transcripts and previous unit/s synopsis
- Documents to support your application such as personal statements, resume/CV
- You can apply for a maximum three course preferences in one application
- You can only submit one application – so think carefully about the order of your preferences
- You'll be made one course offer, which will be your highest eligible preference
When your application is in DRAFT status, you can:
- add, delete or change the order of preferences
- change the response to your questions
- add or delete documents
When your application is in SUBMITTED status, you:
- will be able to track your application assessment
- won’t be able to make changes to your application
Don’t submit your application until you have finalised your preference selection and documentation.
If successful, you‘ll receive an offer for your highest eligible preference (see notification dates in the section below).
If all your course preferences have been declined by the faculty, you'll be notified earlier and provided with alternate paths for entry.
Offer notification and acceptance
- Offer notification date
- Friday 18 December (5pm AEDT) after semester two results release.
Contacts for Malaysia to Australia transfers
- Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business and Economics: email@example.com
- Engineering: Submit an enquiry
- Information Technology: Submit an enquiry
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science: email@example.com
Transfers to campuses outside Australia
- Submit an internal course transfer application (pdf, 0.25 mb) to the faculty managing the course. Do this before completing your current course.
- Ensure you remain enrolled in your current course while waiting for the outcome of your application.