Code of conduct
Monash Alumni Portal Directory
Monash alumni will engage in discussion with fellow alumni through the Monash Alumni Portal Directory (Alumni Portal Directory). They will enter into an exchange with fellow alumni with a commitment to maintain an environment that supports honesty, fairness and respect.
The purpose of the Alumni Portal Directory is to provide Monash alumni with a forum to connect with each other to engage in professional discussion to advance careers, professional interests and future study. While the Alumni Portal Directory is a flexible forum, it must not be used for blatant self-promotion or advertising.
Alumni participants must be aged 18 years and over to enter into an email exchange within the Alumni Portal Directory.
Alumni participants are invited to participate in the Alumni Portal Directory once Monash confirms they are alumni of Monash University, and where they have provided Monash with a personal email address for communication.
Alumni will have the right to accept or decline any request to enter into an email exchange. By consenting to be contacted for messaging by email, alumni commit to this Alumni Portal Directory Code of Conduct:
- I understand the purpose of the Alumni Portal Directory and will ensure my email exchanges with other alumni align with those purposes.
- I understand that I am responsible for my email exchanges with other alumni and will not misrepresent myself or take on the identity of someone else when communicating with other alumni.
- I will treat my fellow Monash alumni with respect regardless of race, colour, gender, sexuality, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.
- I will not engage in or use language or behaviour that is illegal, inappropriate, discriminatory, harassing, abusive, sexual, demeaning or culturally inappropriate.
- I understand that if I choose to share other personal contact details with alumni such as my mobile phone number or residential address during an email exchange, I do so at my own risk.
- I will use the Alumni Portal Directory in a responsible manner.
- I understand that I must report a breach of this Code of Conduct, or any Alumni Portal Directory concerns, in writing to the Monash Alumni Portal Directory administrators.
- I understand that as a member of the Monash alumni community and user of the Alumni Portal Directory, I must demonstrate acceptable behavior, in line with Monash policies, at all times.
- I acknowledge that any breaches of this Code of Conduct or Terms and Conditions may result in a warning or disciplinary action, including immediate suspension or termination from the Alumni Portal Directory.