Code of conduct
Monash Alumni Portal Directory and Messaging
Monash alumni will be able to search for other alumni and engage in discussion with fellow alumni through the Monash Alumni Portal Directory and Messaging platform (Alumni Portal Directory). They will enter into an exchange with fellow alumni with a commitment to maintain an environment that supports honesty, fairness and respect.
The purpose of the Alumni Portal Directory is to provide Monash alumni with a forum to connect with each other to engage in professional discussion to advance careers, professional interests and future study. While the Alumni Portal Directory is a flexible forum, it must not be used for blatant self-promotion or advertising.
Alumni participants must be aged 18 years and over to enter into a messaging exchange within the Alumni Portal Directory.
Alumni participants are invited to participate in the Alumni Portal Directory once Monash confirms they are alumni of Monash University, and where they have provided Monash with a personal email address for communication.
Alumni will have the right to accept or decline any request to enter into a messaging exchange. By accessing the Alumni Portal, alumni agree to comply with this Alumni Portal Directory Code of Conduct and make the following acknowledgements:
- I understand the purpose of the Alumni Portal Directory and will ensure my use of the Directory and messaging exchanges with other alumni align with those purposes.
- I understand that I am responsible for my messaging exchanges with other alumni and will not misrepresent myself or take on the identity of someone else when communicating with other alumni.
- I will treat my fellow Monash alumni with respect regardless of race, colour, gender, sexuality, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.
- I will not engage in or use language or behaviour that is illegal, inappropriate, discriminatory, harassing, abusive, sexual, demeaning or culturally inappropriate.
- I understand that if I choose to share other personal contact details with alumni such as my mobile phone number or residential address during a messaging exchange, I do so at my own risk.
- I will use the Alumni Portal Directory in a responsible manner.
- I will not use any data obtained by use of the Alumni Portal Directory for any purposes beyond users’ expressed preferences and the purposes of the Alumni Portal Directory outlined above.
- I understand that I must report a breach of this Code of Conduct, or any Alumni Portal Directory concerns, in writing to the Monash Alumni Portal Directory administrators.
- I understand that as a member of the Monash alumni community and user of the Alumni Portal Directory, I must demonstrate acceptable behavior, in line with Monash policies, at all times.
- I acknowledge that any breaches of this Code of Conduct or Terms and Conditions may result in a warning or disciplinary action, including immediate suspension or termination from the Alumni Portal Directory.