Mr Joseph Wing Cheung Chan
Joseph Chan, is the CEO of AsiaPay, having founded the company in August 2000. He spearheaded the company and its product development with his management team to become one of the most successful electronic payment services and technology companies in Asia, with operations covering 16 countries.
Through successive positions in banking and finance, Joseph has consolidated his expertise and experience in strategic planning, management and implementation of financial, electronic banking, internet and mobile product services and systems in Asia. He’s been an active keynote and industry speaker in fintech and e-payment conferences across Asia.
Before founding AsiaPay, Joseph held various management positions at Barings, Citibank N.A., Bank of America and Dah Sing Bank.
He received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Economics degrees from Monash. He actively participates and contributes to the development of e-commerce and e-payment in the community.
Joseph’s awards include:
- Most Promising Entrepreneurship at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2013
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
- Cards and Electronic Payments International (CEPI) Asia Disruptor 2016
- 2017 (Industry) Influential Leader
- World Business Leader 2017
- The Most Influential Payment Professionals 2018
- Most Promising Business Leaders in Asia 2019
- Business Leadership Awards 2019.