Mr D’Aloisio’s formal qualifications are:
- BA/LLB (Hons), Monash University
Mr D’Aloisio is currently the Chairman of Perpetual Ltd. He has served in executive and non-executive roles in business and in Government enterprises.
His principal executive roles have been:
- Chief Executive Partner at Mallesons Stephen Jaques between 1992 to 2004, a firm he joined in 1977 as a commercial lawyer. His principal areas of practice until becoming Chief Executive were mergers and acquisitions, taxation and restrictive trade practices, and international trade and investment.
- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) from 2004 to 2006.
- Executive Chairman of the Australian Securities Commission (ASIC) from 2007 to 2011
Mr D’Aloisio’s key non-executive director roles have been:
- Chairman International Joint Forum from 2009 to 2011 ( Basel Committee)
- President of the Winemakers Federation of Australia from 2012 to 2016
- Chairman IRESS Ltd from 2015 to 2021
- Chairman Oakridge Wines Pty Ltd from 2007 to 2021.
- Non executive director of a number of boards ( Boral Ltd and PPB Advisory Pty Ltd and the Business Council of Australia, Commonwealth Board of Taxation and Australian Crime Commission).
In the not for profit and community service areas:
- Director Australian Charities Fund 2001 to 2006
- Director Atlas/D’Aloisio Foundation from 2011-
- Director Aikenhead Centre for Medical Discovery (ACMD) from 2017-
- Board member Monash University Medical Foundation 2012 to 2016
- Adviser to the Monash University Growing Indigenous Graduates Program from 2017-
- President of the European Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre from 2016-
Mr D’Aloisio received Managing Partner of the year in 2001 and 2002 at the Australian Law Awards. He also received the Australian Government Centenary Medal in 2000 for services to law and taxation. He became a Member of the Order of Australia in June 2012 and received the Monash Distinguished Alumni Professional Achievement Award in 2013. In 2014, Mr D’Aloisio was awarded the Ordine della Minerva: Università degli Studi ‘G. d’Annunzio’ Chieti e Pescara in Italy. In 2020 he was awarded the Lilydale High School Gallery of Achievement for business.